Director of Advocacy
- Oversees state & federal legislative efforts, payor & other stakeholder advocacy related issues
- Identifies and communicates member capacity to deliver quality
- Works with Communications Committee to advance quality message
- Staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
Invite Your Legislator to Your Organization
Hosting your federal legislators gives them the chance to meet their elder constituents and learn more about your organization’s work for older adults. It also gives you the opportunity to become a "go-to” organization for policy makers when it comes to issues related to aging services.
This guide includes the resources you need to plan, promote and execute a successful congressional visit. It features an event timeline and sample resources that will help you make the most of this opportunity for your organization and the people you serve.
Here are 4 important guidelines to keep in mind throughout the planning process:
Before you contact your legislator, it is important to review the issue you are planning to discuss. This is useful whether you are meeting in person, calling his or her office, or sending an email. Talking points are available for:
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Home and Community Based Services
- Affordable Senior Housing
- Long Term Services and Supports Financing
- Regulatory Reform
Certain committees have more oversight over long-term services and supports than others. The following Committees are important ones for LeadingAge Ohio members: