As our members continue to provide high quality care to Ohio’s vulnerable populations, LeadingAge Ohio is urging everyone to review the following resources on control and prevention of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have a question, concern, or want to share resources regarding COVID-19, we have a dedicated email account. Send a message to COVID19@leadingageohio.org, and we will get back to you quickly. As always, feel free to email or call any LeadingAge Ohio staff individually.
Can't find what you're looking for? Be sure and use the search feature at the bottom of our website.
- Recent Updates
- Education & Webinars
- Policies & Regulations
- Provider Setting Specific
- Toolkits & Guidance
The new dashboard provides self-reported information about labs that can run tests, including hours of operation, types of tests they accept, estimated turn-around time, and locations.
Please carefully review the updated schedule on the FIRST TAB.
- Information about required routine testing frequency (per CMS and state requirements) by county, as well as state-supported testing frequency available by county, can be found on the SECOND TAB. This data was last pulled on 10/5 and will be updated again on 10/19.
- The CMS and Ohio Public Health Advisory System data will be pulled next Monday (10/19) and will be used to schedule testing for the following week (10/26)
Please use the electronic survey to provide updates for your facility for state supported regarding ANY TIME you need to report ANY of the following changes:
- Change in outbreak status (start state supported testing for a new outbreak, end state supported testing after the conclusion of an outbreak)
- Change in need for state support (opt-in/opt-out)
- Change in need for supplies
Ohio's Congregate Care Unified Response Team Testing Updates
- LeadingAge Ohio 9/4 Alert: Testing Questions Abound as Federal Guidance Contradicts State Testing
- QSO-20-38-NH: Long-Term Care (LTC) Facility Testing Requirements
- Point-of-Care Antigen Testing A to Z (LeadingAge)
- COVID-19 County-level Positivity Rates (see section titled, “COVID-19 Testing”)
- Facilities should use their county positivity rate in the prior week as the trigger for staff testing frequency
- Ohio Public Health Advisory System
- COVID-19 Focused Survey for Nursing Homes
- Infection Control - COVID 19 Tool and Checklist for the COVID-19 Survey (LeadingAge)- updated 9/3/20
- State-Supported Staff Retesting in Nursing Homes Congregate Care Unified Response Team (CCURT webinar 9/3/20)
DeWine Administration releases visitation order
Thursday evening, October 8, the DeWine Administration posted the revised Director’s Order allowing nursing homes and assisted living to facilitate visitation indoors. The guidance comes just four days before the order takes effect on October 12, leaving providers little time to prepare.
Changes in the order include:
- Requirements for providers to report to ODH information to be included in an online dashboard. This information includes: facility name, facility type, facility contact information, facility county, visitation status, visitation hours, total outdoor visitations, total indoor visitations, total visitations, maximum visitation time, visitation hours and total visitors. This morning ODH shared registration instructions for data entry for the visitation dashboard.
- Specific requirements related indoor visitation, which includes requirements for ingress and egress routes, escort, and restroom use.
- An expanded section speaking to compassionate care visitation, with specific examples of compassionate care including family members who previously assisted with feeding duties.
- Recommendations for testing visitors.
LeadingAge Ohio is continuing to evaluate the impact of the new order, and encourages members to send questions and concerns to COVID19@leadingageohio.org.
Education & Webinars
Coronavirus Spotlight Podcasts
Podcast series featuring presentations by LeadingAge members and subject-matter experts who have been guests on the live daily online updates. Listen to these brief but informative podcasts to learn more about how your colleagues are coping with the pandemic.
PROVIDER OR SETTING-SPECIFIC RESOURCES
Adult Day/PACE/Senior Centers
COVID-19 Update and Discussions for Affordable Housing Call Notes [Members Only]
September 23 | September 1 |August 19 |August 5 |July 1 |July 1 | June 24 | June 17 | June 10 | June 3 | May 27 | May 20 | May 13 | May 6 | April 29 (includes PPT and resource links) | April 22 | April 8 | April 1 | March 18
Assisted Living Communities
Life Plan Communities
Kathryn Brod, MBA
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
Director of Strategic Communications
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries