LeadingAge Ohio Membership Benefits
Membership with LeadingAge Ohio means joining a network of senior services leaders committed to supporting, enabling and empowering Ohioans to live fully as they age.
The landscape of aging services is changing. There has never been a time in our history when the multi-specialty, interdisciplinary approach to aging services was more important than it is today. We want you to join our mission to expand the world of possibilities for aging.
LeadingAge Ohio and LeadingAge provide representation for their members by advocating their interests on state and national issues. LeadingAge Ohio maintains a strong presence with state regulatory agencies, and participates on regulatory and legislative meetings, workshops, and task forces. LeadingAge Ohio's staff provide expert opinions and testimony at these events and ensure that the mission of LeadingAge Ohio members is understood by policy makers. LeadingAge is a well respected force in the national policy and legislative arena. Please visit our LeadingAge Ohio Advocacy webpage.
LeadingAge Ohio provides numerous educational seminars and workshops throughout the year, including legislative and annual conferences, allowing participants an opportunity to earn continuing education credits and attend at special member rates. Please consult our Event Calendar and go to our LeadingAge Ohio Education page.
Members have an opportunity to participate on various state and national committees, LeadingAge Ohio’s Board of Directors, LeadingAge Ohio committees and task forces.. There are also networking opportunities with colleagues through regional meetings, the annual conference, educational seminars, and workshops.
Members stay informed about industry news, state and national news, legislative issues, community and district activities and other member news through numerous publications including:
- A subscription to the association newsletter.
- During Legislative Session Weekly updates detailing relevant activities of the Legislature.
- Member Alerts containing information about regulatory changes that affect the day-to-day operation of your facility.
- Technical Assistance Briefs on public policy issues that provide guidance on how facilities can come into compliance with new requirements.
- A listing in LeadingAge Ohio's Online Provider Search Directory.
To learn more about the benefits of being a LeadingAge Ohio member, contact Kathryn Brod at 614-545-9014 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognition & Awards
Kathryn Brod, MBA
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
Director of Corporate Relations and Initiatives
- Oversees database and meeting registry
- Manages office technology systems
- Oversees maintenance of office operations and production
- Associate Membership/Partner Program staff liaison
- Point of contact for Trade Show